yum yum yum yum . . . these are so moorish and a great way to get calcium, Iodine and the precious B-6, B-12 and vitamin A, as well as potassium and anti-axidents. Seaweed can be added to soups stocks and to help cook or soak grains. We love it in sushi and thinly sliced on salads as it adds a great texture and salty flavour.
Just 1 sheet of Nori has as much Omega-3 as 2 avocados!
Wakame s great for bloating. Kombu boasts your metabolism and Nori is great for your skin. Seaweed is super vegetable and should be consumed regularly in small doses.
What you need:
- 3 sheets of organic dried nori. Make sure its good brand that has not been heat treated.
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 tsp melted coconut oil
How to make it:
- cut the sheets in to stripes and then in to squares from there.
- in a bowl add the melted oil and salt and any flavours you want like cayenne pepper onion powder or sesame seeds.
- toss them around till the oil coats all the nori squares.
- lay them carefully on to baking paper and either use a dehydrator if you have one for 1 hour on 115 or an oven on 100 for 30 minutes but watch them carefully in the oven.
- once they are crisp leave them out on the bench top to cool completely before storing them in a jar.
I take these to the cinema or long car trips when I need a salty snack.
Try adding what ever your favourite flavour is. Enjoy making them your own!