Fats are good for you . . . yes you heard right fat fat fat!!
Are you eating good fats like avocados, coconut, nuts and seeds, or bad fats?
Good fat does not make you fat alone, simple carbohydrates, bad fats, chemicals and refined sugars, flours and bad food combining makes you fat. Good saturated fat is nourishing and gives you energy and keeps you fuller for longer . . .when eaten in the right food combination away from fruit and proteins.
Good fats and are essential for the brain and body. Without good fats your body starts to break down and health issues arise. Fat is essential for growing children’s brains and they need more as they grow and then can even out later on. Fats are essential in preventing ageing concerns like Dementia and Alzheimer’s and Depression. The increase in health issues has arisen through low-fat chemical foods and getting away from traditional nourishing foods. But the amount of fat to eat is often over exaggerated. We do not need spoonfuls daily, or the amount we find is raw desserts and nut laden treats. And we do not need for each meal to have fat in it. All whole foods have protein and fats in them alone side carbohydrates like a banana. Each person will need a different amount of fat depending on the individual.
- if they are a child before 7 years old they will need more for there growing brain so let them eat avocados and coconut galore.
- a teenager going through puberty will need more to cope with neurone changes.
- if your are ill you will need less until your body has cleansed out the virus, disease or build up of waste.
- if your are pregnant you again will need an adequate about to support you and baby.
- if you are old you may need a small daily amount of fats but be guided by you digestion.
- if you have candida which will show up in psoriasis or eczema you will need to go 0-3% fat until your body has cleansed the waste out then you can slowly add in a small amounts again.
I can’t stress strongly enough about good fats and children on the spectrum as it’s been proven that a good levels of omega 3 fatty acids can improve the brains function and repair neural pathways. Supporting depression and anxiety and healing the gut.
So start to increase your good fats daily starting small and building up to about a 1/4-1/2 avocado daily or 10 to 1/4 cup nuts daily or 1 raw coconut daily or 1 glass of raw nut or seed milk depending on your bio-individual needs and weight, if you are trying to loose weight do not eat too many fats and always in the right food combinations. I do not recommend cooking with ANY oils as when you heat them, they change and become more volatile and carcinogenic rendering them toxic and unable to be digested by the body. Nuts and seeds should be eaten raw to get the good saturated fats from them and to keep them as a rich nutrient dense food. NEVER COOK/ HEAT NUTS!
Of course avoiding all the bad poly- unsaturated and trans-fats that cause many health concerns and are toxic and rancid like:
- Borage oil, Canola oil, Corn oil, Cottonseed oil, Evening primrose oil, Rapeseed, Safflower oil, Peanut oil, Sunflower seed oil, Vegetable oil, Olive oils, Avocado oil, Coconut oil, Sesame oil, Nut and seed oils.
These are not fresh and become rancid within hours. They are not in there whole food state and can not be digested and used by the body!
When you make an oil from a plant or whole food is no longer is a whole food and looses all its nutrients and life force even organic.
- And that means processed and homehomecookedcooked food that these oils are in too:
ALL-crisps, crackers, chips and frozen foods and meals, corn chips, biscuits, lollies and sweets, chocolate, Processed meals, sauces and jarred products, pastas and noodles, bakery products, veggie burgers, patties, meats and deli meats , hams and sausages ect
Eat fats in the right food combinations so they can digest efficiently and send that goodness to the brain, so its not stored as waste in the body!