These are my favourite salad dressings. . .
- Chipotle Dressing – 1 red capsicum, 1/2 clove garlic, 1 zucchini
peeled, 1 tbsp tahini, 1 large celery stalk, 1 small lemon, 1tsp
sweet paprika, 1/2 cup macadamia nuts – blended till smooth.
- Oil Free Pesto – 1 peeled zucchini, 1/2 clove garlic, 1 cup basil, 1
small lemon, 1/2 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds-blended till
- Zesty and Creamy– 1 whole orange, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup fresh
mint- blended till smooth.
- Asian Style -1 small lime, 2 tbs coconut aminos (or tamari), 1/2
chilli, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbs tahini, 1 inch ginger grated, 1 pitted
date, 1/4 cup pineapple juice – pestle & mortar together. Add sesame seeds in once it’s
made for decoration.
- Simple & Easy– juice from 1 small lemon, 2 tbs tahini – whisked together.
- Creamy Basil Dressing – 1 avocado, juice 1 small lemon, 1/2 cup basil,
8 macadamia nuts – blended till smooth.
- Tropical Bliss – 1 mango cheek, 1/2 red capsicum, 1 cup fresh
mint, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds – blended till smooth.
- BBQ Sauce – 4 organic soaked & drained semi-dried tomatoes, 2
soaked dates, 1/2 red capsicum, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 cup fresh
coriander, 1/2 cup fresh mint, 1 tsp sweet paprika, 2 fresh
tomatoes, 1 peeled zucchini – blended till chunky or smooth
which ever you like & add some of the date water if you need to
adjust the texture.
- Ranch Dressing – 1 cup soaked & drained macadamia nuts, 1
clove garlic, 1/2 cup fresh dill, 2 sprigs thyme, 1 tbs apple cider
vinegar, 2 spring onions, 1/2 lemon – blended till very smooth
adding water if needed. Once blended add thinly slice spring
onions and more chopped chives.
- Pina Colada- ½ cup pineapple juice. ¼ cup fresh mint. ½ cup coconut milk, 2 tbs tahini, 1 inch grated ginger, ½ garlic clove, 1 tbs coconut aminos, squeeze lime- blended till smooth.
Of course if you cannot eat garlic or nightshade or spices or nuts substitute these or keep
it simple. I do not recommend processed oils or vinegars or salt and pepper – spices are to be kept at a minimum too – oils like olive oil stop the body digesting the food it’s eaten with . . . slowing down the digestion!