These bites of goodness are great for school lunch boxes and they have no nuts in them . They are great for parties and everyday snacks. The kids love them and they are full of protein, good fats, high in omega-3, vitamin C and vitamin E and a great anti-inflammatory snack.
- Makes 12-14
- Prep and making 10 minutes
What you will need:
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut -plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup pumpin seed meal (or just seeds)
- 1/4 hemp seeds -plus extra for rolling
- 6 pitted dates soaked
- vanilla seed or a good vanilla extract (optional)
How to make it:
- place all the ingredients in to a food processor and squeeze the juice over and zest the lemon rind
- blitz it all up till a ball forms
- make 12-14 small balls
- roll the balls in either hemp seeds or coconut
- store in the fridge to firm up to give the fudge texture
They will keep in the fridge for 1 week or freeze well for 1 month.
Tip: add the balls in to your jar or packet of coconut and roll around for less waste.
Tip: you can add 1/4 cup of cacao powder and change the lemon to orange for ‘Jaffa Bites’.